Difficult Conversations In Alienation (How to Have Them)
What would change in your life if you weren’t afraid to have difficult conversations?
Getting along with someone in your life when they're not acting as they "should" is one of the most challenging issues we face around the holidays. Then, when we add alienation into the mix, the opportunities for conflict to arise seem to multiply. One of the main byproducts of conflict is negative emotion.
And.... when there’s a lot of negative emotion involved, it's difficult, seemingly impossible to not go into blame, frustration, defensiveness, & justification. But being "right" offers a false sense of power - it costs us intimacy.
In this episode, I share with you:
- 3 steps to take before you go into a difficult conversation
- 3 methods for having a successful talk.
- 7 phrases to diffuse any heated disagreement.
- What to do when you feel defensive (and why you feel defensive in the first place)
- Picking your battles/knowing your reasons why
Its time for the FREE Holiday Support Group! 🎄 If you're at all interested in attending, come let me know, so I can prep for you! https://www.beyondthehighroad.com/HolidaySupportGroupSignUp