When You Feel Disappointed By Those You Love
Being in relationships with people you love - or even like -- disappointment is bound to happen every now and then. It's just part of being human.
After alienation happens, we often clutch tightly to those who stuck around; we tend to expect more from them (after all, they're aware of the hell we've been through). Oftentimes, we develop a ruleset for how they should (and shouldn't) behave..
The thing is, many of us forget to let them in on the unspoken rules and expectations we have.
In this episode, I share with you a few examples from my own life, including:
- two incidents when I felt let down by my mom (one of them directly related to the alienation)
- a very recent experience (over Christmas 2023) when I felt disappointed/taken advantage of by a friend
- how I handled all three events why disappointment is actually a you (or a me) thing
- how to feel in charge of your mind & emotions when you feel let down by someone.
- how to set a boundary with someone
⭐️ Hey y’all! I had to record this episode twice, due to a lighting issue… I’ve published the other version in the private fb group!
Join the BTHR Private Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/HighRoadPrivate